Monday, March 4, 2013

And the Verdict Is....

The verdict is in. My upper hamstring muscles are torn.  That explains the constant pain.  The good news is that I should be able to run again, assuming I can heal properly and keep from chronically re-tearing them.  The doctor has recommended stretching.  So more physical therapy and yoga, I guess.

He also recommends going slower -- as in not trying to do so much so fast.  I didn't have the heart to tell him I could barely run a mile outdoors after four months of training, and had to work up to even that sorry distance in one minute increments.  I'm not sure how much slower I can go! 

There's an upside to this, though.  At this rate, by the time I can complete a marathon I'll probably be in the over 90 age group and might have a shot at winning!  Something to look forward to, I guess.

Anyhow... My training will continue.  Slowly. Painfully.  But the dream remains alive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment