Thursday, December 20, 2012

A New Low

Just when I think I couldn't possibly feel any worse, I do.

I took yesterday off in preparation for today's outdoor run.  I knew I'd have to exert myself more.  I knew I'd have to drastically slow my already ridiculous pace.  And I knew I'd never make it as far as I could on the treadmill.  I was right.  I trudged around my hilly neighborhood at a glorified walk, heaving for air, my lungs so fiery I couldn't breathe.  I made one painfully slow loop, roughly one excruciating mile, before I collapsed.  Twenty minutes after finishing, I'm coughing like crazy and still haven't caught my breath.  It was agony.  I never want to do that again!!! And now I'm worried that I've got exercise-induced bronchitis.  Even my ear canals burn!

But on a happy note, my weight magically dropped overnight.  I have no idea why, considering I've been baking Christmas cookies all week.  It must be nature's diabolical way of keeping me from giving up this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment