Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Perils of Resting

Who knew that resting could be dangerous? I took a week off, and it caused my hips to hurt. Seriously, once I stopped running they began aching with a vengeance.  How could NOT exercising do that? Regardless, I'm taking this as a sign that I'd better keep moving!

Unfortunately, I'm in a holding pattern these days. I'm still jogging a slow three miles on the treadmill, but the old hamstring injuries have flared up to the point where I need to deal with them before I can move forward. So next week I'm having an MRI to see if we can assess the damage. Next comes pinpointing the cause, and then figuring out a treatment, assuming there is one.  I'm hoping that I can overcome this and run again.  I'd better be able to! I don't even want to imagine how badly I'll start to ache if I have to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment