Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Sugar Works!

After a week slacking off and gorging on Christmas cookies, cake, and other sugary foods, I discovered that carbo loading really works.  It doesn't matter how little I sleep or how exhausted I feel, if I consume enough sugar and caffeine, I can increase my distance.  Today I made it two and a half miles outdoors in our hilly neighborhood.  Granted, my pace was so slow that I was barely moving, and I was heaving for breath the entire way, but I made it. 

The only real issue, aside from the fact that training outdoors has blown my schedule to shreds, is that running on the roads has reactivated my old hamstring injury -- the one that caused me to stop running in the first place.  It is going to be a challenge to try to train without re-crippling myself.  I'll have to alternate outdoor running with the treadmill in the hopes that I can keep it under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment