Thursday, November 29, 2012

What Not To Wear

Okay, here's the deal. There is no way on earth I'm wearing skimpy running shorts in public.  The world is simply not ready to see that much cellulite.  And the alternative is just as bad -- tight, body hugging Lycra shorts that reveal every sorry bit of sag.

I understand I'm not the target demographic for the manufacturers of running gear.  I'm sure they don't sit around debating which styles would be the most flattering for a middle aged woman who is completely out of shape.  I also understand that runners don't want extra fabric flapping around their thighs.  But seriously, what's with these skin tight Lycra deals or short-shorts that only flatter the very young?  What's wrong with making close fitting (not tight!), Bermuda-length shorts that conceal my flabby bum and thighs?

I thought I'd found two possibilities online, but they didn't work, so I'm still running in my cargo shorts.  I have eleven months until the marathon, but at the rate I'm going, it'll take me that long to find something to wear!


No comments:

Post a Comment