Saturday, November 3, 2012



Day five: Eight mile walk at the canal.  Felt great -- no hamstring, Achilles tendon or knee pain -- except that the arch in my left foot started to hurt!  What’s going on?  Are my body parts taking turns protesting this plan?  Instead of resting tomorrow, I’m contemplating another long walk to help burn off the additional chips I ate last night.

According to my training program, I should increase my running distance on Monday, but I don’t see how I can jog for two minutes nonstop.  I feel exhausted just thinking about it.  Better not think about it or I’ll give up.  But frankly, after one week on this program, running a marathon looks just as impossible now as it did at the start.  Maybe even more impossible since I now know exactly what terrible shape I’m in.

No comments:

Post a Comment