Monday, November 5, 2012

Bad news on the scale this morning.  Eek!  I guess watching a marathon doesn't burn off as many calories as running one...  Time to get serious with my diet.

Today is the start of my second week of training.  I'm supposed to alternate jogging for two minutes with walking for two minutes.  I eased into it with a couple of one minute intervals first.  The two minute jogs were not too bad. In fact, I found that resting for two minutes in between was too long, so I shortened the rest periods.  Unfortunately, I am terribly slow.  I tried to run at a ten minute/mile pace for one minute, and it felt like an all-out sprint!  At this rate, it will take me six or seven hours to run a marathon .   Ugghh.  The thought of running nonstop for four or five hours is bad enough!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment